Friday, August 30, 2019

Romance in Saekdal 색달로망스 (Seogwipo, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

I have been looking for a good dessert cafe in Jeju since arriving at the island a few days ago. There's been some decent ones but nothing that really knock my socks off until I discovered Romance in Saekdal (색달로망스), just a few minutes' drive from where we had lunch.



Located on hilly Saekdal-ro 64beon-gil, Romance in Saekdal is a specialty coffee shop and French patisserie under one single roof.



I love a bright and airy dessert cafe with a modern, sleek decor.



Looks like a place I could spend a few hours at but the question is, do they have the dessert to match the inviting vibe?



All these lovely creations reminded me a little of another French patisserie and a favorite of mine in Seoul, Cafe UNAS in Nonhyeon-dong. There are only 6 items (pastries) on their dessert menu but all of them looked amazingly attractive. Now, I found myself having trouble making up my mind.



Heart-shaped yogurt mousse cake (5,000 won) nicely decorated with a gold leaf.



I was looking for something exotic and refreshing and this was perfect. 



Lovely acidity from the yogurt mousse matched up wonderfully with pineapple gel and compote. A perfect dessert for the dog days of summer.



This has to be the best dessert cafe I have the pleasure of visiting on this trip so far. Let's see if I can find some place that can top this in the remaining hours of the trip.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 1, Saekdal-ro 72beon-gil, Seogwipo, Jeju Island 63534, South Korea
Tel: +82 010-2521-1799
Website: www.facebook.com/pages/category/Cafe/색달로망스-2331624413556069
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm (Thur - Tue), closed on Wednesday


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think