Monday, August 26, 2019

Jungsik Cafe (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

Back in May, I first heard about Jungsik turning their ground-floor bar into a casual all-day cafe and bistro.



It's been nearly 4 months since Jungsik Cafe was born and I was naturally curious of how the cafe fares. But I was still absolutely stuffed following my meal at two-Michelin starred Kwon Sook Soo. Something's got to give, right?



So the bar is still there, just that they have toned it down a bit.



I wasn't interested in their food menu today so I jumped straight to the bakery and cake section instead.



I love how they have re-decorated the place. It's very cozy and warm, and the ambience is very inviting.



Let's see what they have got here. Sweet corn creme brulee, banana pudding and the house specialty, sweet corn mousse cake.



Also some cookies, scones and bakery goods.



I knew exactly what I wanted so after a brief lineup, I placed my order and went right to the dining room.



This is exactly what they refer to as "rustic and comfortable vibe". Lots of wood everywhere. Even throw in a small greenhouse-like space at the back for a more relaxing and light-filled atmosphere. I think I can sit here all day.



Sweet corn mousse cake (7,800 won) - There's no way I'll leave this cafe without trying their signature dessert. As expected, it was very very light with rich sweet corn flavor. The melt-in-the-mouth texture was very intriguing and the base made with corn crumble was certainly a very lovely touch. 



Jungsik Cafe opens from 11am to 6pm daily. Come to Jungsik for some hearty bistro fare for a change. It doesn't always have to be fine-dining (on second and third floor)






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: G/F, 83-24 Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Apgujeong Rodeo
Tel: +82 02-517-4650
Website: www.facebook.com/jungsikcafe
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 6:00pm


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think