Sunday, August 25, 2019

AID Café at Lotte World Mall (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

AID Café is a cake shop, café and design store all under the same roof at the fifth floor of Lotte World Mall. After a less-than-fulfilling meal at Tasting Room (after we were asked to finish our supper in less than an hour), I needed something to brighten up my night and the next thing I knew, I found myself attracted into this contemporary café by its slick design.



Apart from a long list of coffee and beverages, AID Café also offers a small selection of homemade cakes for dine-in as well as take-out. 



The short list includes their Earl Grey chiffon cake, carrot cake, Devil's chocolate cake and cheesecake.



I was told that this is very similar to a New York style cheesecake (8,800 won).



To my pleasant surprise, it has most of the quality one might expect from a perfect traditional New York style cheesecake which is known for its creamy, satiny texture. It's rich, dense and tall with a flat top. Surprisingly light too. Not bad.



AID Café opens from 10:30am to 10:00pm daily.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 5/F Lotte World Mall, 300 Olympic-ro, Jamsil 6(yuk)-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Jamsil
Tel: +82 02-3213-4548
Opening Hours: 10:30am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think