Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Lotte City Hotel Jeju (Jeju City, SOUTH KOREA)

Our first night in Jeju Island was spent at Lotte City Hotel, a 4-star hotel about 10-minute’s drive from the airport.

Built in 2014, the hotel is centrally located in downtown Jeju although one might argue that both Shilla and Maison Glad are better positioned in the heart of the city.



I love the fact that the hotel has its own underground parking which makes unloading of luggage a lot easier (but they have to do something about those three elevators. I got grey hair waiting for the elevator to arrive!).



We dropped some extra bucks for our ocean-view rooms and quite honestly, it wasn’t money well spent at all. I knew the price difference was minimal but since we arrived late at night (and immediately headed out for dinner), there was no time for us to really enjoy that view. On the flip side, the ocean view also means the room was directly facing the airport. Little that we knew about this little international airport they have in Jeju, it was so busy day and night. I was waken multiple times during my sleep by aircrafts touching down and taking off (thanks to the proximity to the airport). For all you light sleepers, make sure you bring your earplugs! Better yet, simply get a city view room without the upgrade. I know the upgrade price looks attractive but don’t fall for it! It’s actually more like a downgrade (for me anyways)!



I like the layout of the room. Both the bedroom and bathroom had very sufficient maneuvering space.




The room in particular was well appointed with a fair amount of natural daylight, which is always an advantage.



The bathroom looked like it could use a facelift soon. But it’s only 5-years old. I wonder why.




Apart from their slow elevators and noise level, I had just one more complaint and that was with the power sockets. Half of those in my room weren’t working so I had to leave some of my devices uncharged. 

I don’t know what to say about our stay at Lotte City Hotel Jeju. It was the flip of a coin between them and Shilla. Could our stay be significantly better if we went with Shilla? I’m not entirely sure.



Rating: ❤❤❤
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 83 Doryeong-ro, Yeon-dong, Cheju, Jeju-do, South Korea
Tel: +82 064-730-1000
Website: www.lottehotel.com/jeju-city/en.html


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think