Friday, August 30, 2019

Seogwidang Patissier (Seogwipo, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Seogwidang Patissier was a hidden gem I happened to unearth while we were walking out to "100 Years" Boiled Pork and Noodles last night. Unfortunately, the little European-style patisserie and cafe was already closed at the time. So, I had to make sure that I woke up early this morning for a quick visit before leaving for Jeju Shinhwa World. 



I had stumbled upon a number of charming cafes in Jeju Island on this trip but Seogwidang Patissier managed to top them all with its combination of modern décor and inviting vibe.



This is a place you really want to come in for a look if you happen to walk past its door.



They offer two types of cakes only - pudding cake and pound cake.



These come in different flavors - carrot, banana, matcha, Earl Grey etc.



Some homemade cookies as well...



Here's a copy of the patisserie's drink and dessert menu at a glance.

Seogwidang Patissier Cafe Seogwipo Jeju Island Korea - Dessert and Drink Menu

They have a very elegant European-style tea salon (a little bit throwback) right besides the cashier. I wasn't expecting to see one in the quiet side of downtown Seogwipo.



Signature carrot pudding cake (6,000 won) - This was dressed like a pot plant. The "soil" was of course just chocolate crumbs.



Underneath the layer of chocolate crumbs were carrot cake and carrot flavored cream. The sponge cake was very fresh and pillowy. A pretty nice way to start my morning after my recent run of bread. Not bad. 



Homemade cookie with milk chocolate (2,300 won) - Not the cutest looking cookie I had. It tasted a bit like Ben's soft-baked cookies from Oxford (but Ben's more tasty).



I didn't realize they have these amazing tarts like these too! They weren't available when I was there. Perhaps I was there too early.


    (Photo: Seogwidang Patissier Café IG)





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 449 Taepyeong-ro, Seogwi-dong, Seogwipo, Jeju-do, South Korea
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 7:00pm (Wed - Mon), Closed on Tuesday



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think