Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Brown Suites Jeju Hotel and Resort (Seogwipo, SOUTH KOREA)

After spending the majority of the day in downtown Jeju, we finally arrived in Seongsan-eup on the eastern part of the island. Since we planned to climb the Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak early tomorrow morning, we thought it would be a good idea to stay near the peak to minimize on our travel time the day after. A number of hotels came to my radar but at the end of the day, I went with Brown Suites Jeju Hotel and Resort.



The hotel lobby looks very contemporary. A (good) sign of things to come? 

Unfortunately, things already began to fall apart during our check-in. For a hotel touted as a 4-star establishment, I was surprised to find that the staff here speaks virtually zero English (at least the night-shift team). The poor reception guy who helped with our check-in, couldn't even find our names printed on my hardcopy confirmation sheet. I had to help circle the names and other key information for him to input into the system. At one point, he even made a desperate attempt to communicate to us in Mandarin (he's Chinese perhaps?). That wasn't a good experience altogether (especially since I speak awful Mandarin!). 



I dropped some extra cash for a peak-view suite on the ninth floor so I was really looking forward to seeing the view myself.



For a room with over 100 sqm of space, it certainly looked a little small. And even with all the lights turned on, it was really dark.



The furniture looked really dated as well.



The layout of the room also looked very weird as both beds were facing the far end of the room away from the Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak view.



Worse was the fact that we had this air conditioner on top of both beds blowing at our heads all night long (very poor design)!



The bathroom was supposed to be full of space but we struggled to find enough room for our belongings (some shelves will be much appreciated).



The toilet looked clean until my little nugget spotted an army of ants running around the corner.



I don't know if it's a good idea to fit this giant bathtub into the bathroom. The space could have been better used for some benches.



Right next to the bathtub was a reasonably sized shower area. Like the room itself, it's a little dark but no major issues to report.



This is the view we ended up dropping extra bucks for. I was regretting it the moment I laid my eyes on it for the first time. Not the jaw-dropping view I was expecting.



My little nugget was happy with the view though. But he's not talking about the view of "Sunrise Peak". He's admiring the view of the neighbouring farm with a total of 5 horses!





Rating: ❤❤
Price: ₩₩
Address: 94 Goseongojo-ro, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo, Jeju-do, South Korea
Tel: +82 064-786-6200
Website: www.brownsuitesjeju.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think