Thursday, August 15, 2019

Bakehouse Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I had a brief opening this afternoon that allowed me to sneak out to get some sweet treats from Bakehouse, one of my favorite bakery shop in town (I'm sure it's the favorite of many who work in Wanchai too). While I was there to get my sourdough egg tarts last time around, I had a glimpse of this pistachio donut ($38) but I wasn't interested at the time.


I decided to bring one home today but that looked like a bad idea now. All the sugar seemed to have melted (thanks to the nasty heat) and it's not nearly as fluffy as it was when it was still sitting there on top of the display counter. Perhaps I should have eaten it at the spot.

Personally, I thought the donut itself was fine. The pistachio flavored custard cream? Not so much. I expected a lot more stronger flavor from the pistachio but judging from the light green color, well.....



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G14 Tai Wong Street East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: https://bakehouse.hk/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think