Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Espresso Lounge (Jeju, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

After enjoying some Jeju black pork at Neulbom Heukdwaeji, we have just one more attraction to hit before driving to the East side of the island. It's an attraction welcomed by most coffee lovers but not someone like my little nugget. 


Located in the heart of Jeju's downtown area just across the street from Neulbom (where we had lunch), Espresso Lounge is a pilgrimage well worth the time and effort whether you love coffee or not.


The two-story premise combines a coffee shop and bakery cafe both under one roof.


I love a coffee shop with an abundance of natural daylight. 


Just by looking at the facility, you knew they're very serious about their coffee.


They have got their own coffee roaster here.



Next door, they have their in-house bakery kitchen. I could smell some freshly baked croissants coming out of the oven soon!



I had my eyes on their almond croissant all the way. There were 2 still sitting there when I was taking my photos but by the time I finished my photo-taking, they were long gone. 



The cinnamon rolls were looking good too. Was that Nutella on top?



I decided to get some afternoon snacks for everyone. Sausage roll (for little guy), scone (for Jelloman) and some milk buns (for myself). No almond croissant (weep...).



Some espresso, latte and a separate list of hand-drip coffee too...



It was pretty hot this afternoon (despite some showers) so we were getting a pair of iced latte to cool things off - Iced caramel latte and Valrhona chocolate latte (6,000 won each).



Pecan pie (4,000 won) - It's so hard to find a place serving authentic American pecan pie in Hong Kong and Seoul. Hack, it's hard to find one in all of Asia so I was over the moon when I saw this in the display counter.



Just the perfect proportion right there with toppings of chopped pecans, fillings of gluey richness (brown sugar?) and a crispy crust.



If we didn't have plans for the afternoon, I would love to find a sofa here and chill out for as long as I like. 


Espresso Lounge opens from 9am till late.






Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 2319-4 Nohyeong-dong, Cheju, Jeju-do, South Korea
Tel: +82 064-744-3584
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 1:00am daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think