Monday, August 26, 2019

Étoile Boulangerie et Patisserie (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Touted as one of the most authentic French boulangerie in Seoul, Étoile Boulangerie et Patisserie is a long standing bakery shop that has been around buzzing Garosu-gil in Sinsa for a while.



Their famous homemade croissants are ranked among the best in the city and they're constantly sold out.  



But not today. They still have their plain, custard, Ang butter and, ham and cheese croissants available. I guess it's my lucky day today. 



Custard Croissant (3,600 won) - You could tell from the photo that the dough was a little on the hard side.



And I thought the custard would be more runny but it was really firm and a bit gluey at the same time. Not exactly what I was looking for.



It was my second time in a roll that I didn't find their famous croissants up to my (usually high) expectation. With serious competitions from the likes of b. patisserie, OUR Bakery, Le Sight and 연립빵공장 (聯立) just around the corner, they better up their game soon or else they could ultimately follow the same path as Mr. Holmes' Bakehouse.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 36 Apgujeong-ro 10-gil, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinsa
Tel: +82 070-7627-0057
Opening Hours: 12:30pm - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think