Friday, August 30, 2019

Frozen S'more at Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (Seogwipo, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

We have one more place to go before lunch - Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대), a spectacular set of volcanic rock formation at the southern coast of Jeju Island. While everyone went to the ticket booth for the entry tickets, I spotted something else I liked at the snack shop near door.



I didn't expect to see Frozen S'more here in Jeju, let alone in no-man's land near Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff's Ticketing Office.



After paying at the cashier, I patiently waited like a little kid for our chef to put the finishing touches on my marshmallow with ice-cream filling.

Jeju Island Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대) - Snack shop Frozen S'More ice-cream dessert

Last time I had a Frozen S'more like this, I was in Tokyo at the famed Dominique Ansel Bakery. It had me screaming WOW~

Jeju Island Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대) - Snack shop Frozen S'More ice-cream dessert

The smoky flavors got me drooling all over.....

Jeju Island Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대) - Snack shop Frozen S'More ice-cream dessert

I was eager to find out what's hidden underneath that layer of honey marshmallow. 



It turned out to be chocolate ice-cream with a bit of chocolate chips (Not Tahitian vanilla ice cream and crisp chocolate feuilletine in Dominique Ansel's version).

Jeju Island Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대) - Snack shop Frozen S'More ice-cream dessert

As soon as I finished my melting ice-cream, I ran to join my team on a quick tour of Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff. This was truly a remarkable sight. I wonder how many years it took for the erosion to put these kind of marks to the rocks.

Daepo Jusangjeolli Cliff (대포주상절리대)




Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 36-30, Ieodo-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, South Korea
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 7:00pm 


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think