Saturday, August 10, 2019

Le Salon De Thé de Joël Robuchon at Landmark (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

My little nugget has been pledging his case to go to the zoo (Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens is the proper name) all week and we decided to accommodate his request this Saturday despite the potential protest and demonstration in the Admiralty area. It was probably not the best day to go to the zoo anyways considering it was 35 degrees in the afternoon. Everyone was soaking wet by the time we finished walking around the park.

Of course, we all wanted some refreshments after spending the entire afternoon in the heat. For me, refreshments normally mean something sweet and refreshing, and from Landmark in Central, I couldn't come up with a better option than Le Salon De Thé de Joël Robuchon (Actually I have in The Mandarin Cake Shop but my request was turned down very quickly).



It's been a while since I last came here for dessert. Looks like they have some nice additions for the summer, even a couple of exclusives which are only available at this branch.



I randomly picked two to share among us.



La Noix de Coco ($60) - An exclusive item featuring silky white chocolate and coconut mousse.



The white chocolate and coconut mousse was really delicate but the chocolate (dark chocolate?) in the middle was a bit on the hard side. Something runny like chocolate ganache would have been a nice contrast.



La Pistache ($60) - Pistachio and apricot mousse cake.



The layers of pistachio ganache and pistachio mousse worked brilliantly together. The creamy, salty-sweet pistachio flavor with its usual lovely nuttiness was right on the money too. The only blemish was perhaps the fact that the apricot gelée hidden in the middle was made a tad too sour for my liking. I'm sure a lot of people would find the flavors pretty well-balanced but for someone not into strong acidity, it didn't go undetected.



My apologies for the poor quality of these photos. I didn't bring my camera along this afternoon so had to settle with my smartphone instead, which in't always ideal.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 315, 3/F, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2166-9088
Website: www.robuchon.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think