Monday, April 3, 2023

La Patisserie Bazi 百子 洋菓子 & 燒菓子專賣店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After my first visit to La Patisserie Bazi (百子 洋菓子) months ago, I knew a return trip would be imminent. The only question was when.



Today, I finally found time following lunch t0 see what's new on their menu.


As it turned out, there were indeed some new creations and I wasted no time bringing those home.


Yuzu mandarin mousse cake (日本柚子蜜柑慕絲蛋糕) – This caught my eyes with its cute presentation and I thought little nugget would love it.


And he did. The yuzu mandarin mousse was really silky smooth and delicate. But it was missing something with contrasting texture and flavor to the mousse to make it more attractive to the palate.


Mango pomelo sago mousse cake (楊枝甘露慕絲蛋糕) – The idea of course came from our mango pomelo sago cream (楊枝甘露).


Inside and on top of the mousse cake was grapefruit compote to bring some lovely acidity to the mix but like the yuzu mandarin mousse cake, something was missing (perhaps something crunchy or crispy) from the design of this dessert that made me want to come back for more.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A1 & A2, 87 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 6320-2060
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think