Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Shake Shack Cheongdam (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Before rushing back to Myeongdong to meet up with my family, I made one important final stop in Gangnam. It was a scheduled trip to Shake Shack Cheongdam in hope to get my milkshake fix!


When I did my online research a few weeks ago, all signs were pointing to the fact that all Shake Shack locations in Seoul were offering the same "market exclusive" milkshake these days – Red bean shake.


So, when we discovered that Shake Shack Cheongdam was actually serving a slightly spiked Makgeolli shake now, it caught me entirely off-guard.


Makgeolli shake – The Makgeolli (Korean rice wine) shake was a mix of Shake Shack’s signature vanilla custard with Jipyeong Jujo makgeolli, topped nicely with rice crisps for a crunchy bite.


Like the actual Makgeolli, this was milky with a slightly sweet, tangy and bitter taste. I think I will much prefer this than the red bean shake.



I tried asking my server about the alcohol content in this milkshake and surprisingly, just a mere 1.5% of alcohol! That's enough to spike things up. I love it~ 


Finally, I got my first visit to a Shake Shack in Seoul (after a few unsuccessful attempts in Dongdaemun). A huge monkey off my back!





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 327 Dosan-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Apgujeong Rodeo
Tel: +82 02-510-5217
Opening Hours: 10:30am - 10:30pm (Sun - Thu), 10:30am - 11:00pm (Fri - Sat) 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think