Thursday, April 20, 2023

Fine Foods (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I almost forgot but Jelloman reminded me this morning that it was my birthday today. I would love to take today off just to get some much needed rest rather than celebrate but I have an important meeting in the afternoon. So, end of story.......

Was I getting a special treat for myself today for lunch? Not really. I had to rush to the meeting so just a Shogun Burger with egg (玉子將軍) from McDonald's.



Wait, I did order something special on top of my burger, a chicken pizza from McCafe which I have never had the pleasure of enjoying in the past. Such is life for a self-proclaimed foodie on his birthday. Like I have said to Jelloman many times before, part of me always believe that I should get a different job with a less hectic schedule. One that really allows me to enjoy life a bit more. 



Pistachio strawberry cake – Like last year, Jelloman ordered my birthday cake from Fine Foods at Royal Garden Hotel. They have a new creation here with a moist pistachio sponge cake, white chocolate and pistachio cream, topped by a layer of crispy pistachio chocolate and some fresh strawberries.


Knowing full well that I am a sucker for anything with pistachio, Jelloman made the right choice for my birthday cake this year (she always makes the right choice!). 
This was pretty tasty. We had one extra slice left and I was going to finish it off myself but nay, I'll leave it for mom who's coming over tomorrow. She's a sucker for anything with pistachio too.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Lobby Level, The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2733-2045
Website: theroyalgardenhotel.com.hk/index.asp
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think