Thursday, March 30, 2023

Grindie 研香 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I promised myself I'd come back to Grindie (研香) for their signature pistachio sweet soup after my visit last week but I predicted that the wait would be less than a week.



I was off this afternoon so I figured I should swing by to check this pistachio dessert off my list. What a difference a few hours make! At 8pm, it's impossible to get a table around here but at 5pm, not a single soul!



Pistachio sweet soup (開心果糊) 
– I came all the way here just for this baby so it better be good...... 


It came with some shaved pistachio on top.


My first impression, the texture was a little grainy as if you can taste the tiny chunks of pistachio in there. It was really rich in pistachio flavor. Pretty nice.


I wasn't sure if a tong yuan with black sesame paste was a good match for the pistachio soup. 


This was like a dream came true. When I was walking over to Grindie, I was a bit worried that I would be told it was all sold out again! But I wasn't going to be denied today. Not today.  





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 7 Hau Fook Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2386-8806
Opening Hours: 1:00pm - 11:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think