Monday, April 10, 2023

La Patisserie Hotel Douce Myeongdong (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Ever since 2015, La Patisserie Hotel Douce has been a reliable source for me whenever I thought about French-style pastries in Seoul but my understanding was that their presence was always on the south of the river (in Seorae Village and Express Bus Terminal). So, I was pleasantly surprised to bump into their Myeongdong outpost on our recent trip to Seoul.


In the past, La Patisserie Hotel Douce was better known for their classic French desserts such as éclairs and mille feuille but I have noticed that they've broadened their repertoire to cover some French-style bread as well. After all, Myeongdong desperately needs another high-quality French bakery shop. 


But I was here to scratch my sweet craving so I quickly turned my attention to the pastry corner.


I was stuffed so perhaps something light like an éclair would do the trick for me already. They have three different flavors of éclairs (strawberry, pistachio and caramel) to choose from.


The Paris-brest and mille feuille also looked pretty attractive. 



After getting my sweet treats from La Patisserie Hotel Douce, I ran over to the City Hall plaza to join up with the gang. We were taking it easy on our first day of the trip, just a slow walk along Hangang River and visit to the new The Hyundai Seoul.


We got off at Yeouinaru station and took a slow walk towards Yeouido Hangang Park in hope to catch some cherry blossom but I guess we were a couple of days late. It was supposed to start on 2 April and end in about a week's time. Oh well, I will still have my sweet picnic here.


I got myself a pistachio éclair to share with mom and a rose berry macaron for little nugget.



Pistachio éclair 
– It was decorated nicely with white choco glaze and pieces of pistachio on top.


What I love most about it was the rich pistachio cream filling in the middle. Silky smooth and very delicate. 



Half of an éclair isn't going to cut it so I look forward to getting more damage done at
 The Hyundai Seoul, which we will be visiting for the first time.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: G/F, 98 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: City Hall
Tel: +82 02-3789-5706
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think