Friday, April 28, 2023

Tango Argentinian Steak House Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After not seeing my buddy V for nearly three years during the pandemic, we are meeting for the second time in 2023 already. Tonight's dinner will be a celebration for my birthday last week.



Both V and I agreed to have a quiet and simple dinner tonight. When I narrowed things down to Elements Shopping Mall, he immediately proposed Tango Argentinian Steak House as our dinner venue, which I gladly accepted.



I have never been to this branch of Tango before so I was a bit pleasantly surprised with its cozy vibe. 
V arrived just ahead of me and was enjoying his bottle of red already. Following a nice chat, it didn't take long for us to nail down the dishes we wanted to order.



Calamari Salad – I wanted something green to start so this salad with grilled squids, field greens, avocado and garlic aioli was perfect. The squids were really tender and the dressing was not as garlicky as we first feared. My only complaint was that it could have a bit more avocado in there perhaps. 


Hokkaido Scallops – The slices of Hokkaido scallops were so fresh and sweet, meshing well with the nice acidity from the yuzu leche de tigre.


Gaucho Platter – There were three different cuts in the platter, rump steak, fillet and skirt, a total of 19.oz of meat. It was our most anticipated dish of the evening but sadly, it didn't come thru for us. The rump steak, in particular was really rough and chewy.


V and I updated each other on our recent happenings and we made a few jokes about our future. Good times pass so quickly and it was time to hit the ground running again. I am truly blessed to have a bunch of good friends like V around the globe. This year, greetings began to pour in a few hours before my birthday and even some of the "rare customers" like AP whom I had a serious crush on back in our university days, texted me on my birthday to wish me well. I guess when we get older, we tend to miss our old friends and old times more.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop R008, RF, Elements Shopping Mall, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon
Tel: +852 2780-1181
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think