Thursday, April 6, 2023

BluHouse at Rosewood Hong Kong (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Little nugget's spring break holidays have already began for almost a week now but due to my busy schedule, I have yet to spend much time with him, until tonight when I promised him that I'd take him to the Super Mario Bros movie at K11 Musea. Needless to say, he's super excited about it. But first, I've made plans to have a quick supper at BluHouse just before the movie since it's just a stone's throw from the cinema.



My apologies to the two lovebirds sitting in front of us. I was just trying to get a picture of the harbour from my seat. Close but no cigar.



I arrived at BluHouse just after 6:30pm and was a little surprised that it's already a full house there! I guess many were taking the rest of the week off on top of the public holidays (but not me).



Some sourdough bread to start things off as usual with a variety of olive oil at our disposal.


Rigatoni alla carbonara – I thought little one would love this rigatoni pasta with a thick sauce made with egg yolk, Pecorino Romano cheese, and a light sprinkle of black pepper but he was only interested in the guanciale (cured meat) on top.


Porchetta – They changed up the menu a lot since our last visit and a few of my favorites like the zucchini flower and beef tripe were already long gone. This "Ariccia" style roasted pork, served warm with potatoes and mushrooms was still available so I got ourselves an order (reluctantly).

Like our experience last time around, the potatoes, mushrooms and pork meat weren't bad albeit a little bit salty but the skin was way too hard and chewy for our teeth. 


We didn't get to try the Roman-style pizza by the slice last time we were here so I had to make sure that we had a couple of them at least.


Guanciale – This came with a few types of cured meat on top including some cured pork jowls along with mushrooms and caramelized onions. I told little one it's almost like Pizza Hut's Meat Lover pizza. All of us agreed that this wasn't bad and we would be happy to have it again.


Ragu – Meat ball ragout, Fior di latte di "Agerola" cheese, fresh basil and parmesan cheese as toppings. This, we agreed, that we won't be having it again. Other than the meatball, there's nothing really special about it.


One of the highlights of having a meal at BluHouse is their dessert bar and they have plenty of choices around here, including their tiramisu. Too bad we ran out of time.



This is the main event of the evening so we wanted to make sure that we didn't miss anything right from the start.



This guy can't wait to get seated. Look, he had his Super Mario popcorn bucket he got from Osaka with him too!






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G/F, Rosewood Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3891-8732
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think