Sunday, December 24, 2023

Good Town Doughnut x Dean & Deluca Shinjuku (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★☆☆☆☆

As I have predicted before this trip, Christmas Eve in Tokyo has been nothing short of chaotic so far.

Long lineups at different restaurants and shops, streets full of people in celebration mood. I don’t know, perhaps I’m getting a little old for that.

So we have divided into two teams since late afternoon. Jelloman and little nugget took off for shopping while mom and I sat down for some heart-to-heart talk. The plan was to meet up at Shinjuku JR station right before dinner time.

Not surprisingly, Jelloman’s team got off to a slow start so mom and I got some extra time checking out the shops at Shinjuku Station. It didn’t take long for me to spot the Good Town Doughnut counter in front of Dean & Deluca. 🍩

Good Town Doughnut x Dean & Deluca [Tokyo, JAPAN] - Cassis orange doughnut

Good Town Doughnut has long been considered one of the best doughnut shops in Tokyo and I already made sure that a trip to their Omotesando outpost was included as part of our agenda. But I certainly won’t mind checking them out early.

Good Town Doughnut x Dean & Deluca [Tokyo, JAPAN] - Cassis orange doughnut

Cassis orange doughnut (460 yen) – The cassis orange glaze was very bitter and acidic at the same time, and there was no sweetness there to balance things out. Yikes~

Good Town Doughnut x Dean & Deluca [Tokyo, JAPAN] - Cassis orange doughnut

Perhaps I am a bit old school when it comes to doughnuts. To me, they are supposed to be sweet (very sweet), and occasionally savory-sweet or bittersweet. But bitter and sour? I don’t think I will ever enjoy a doughnut that is both bitter and sour at the same time. You can jot this one down.

Good Town Doughnut x Dean & Deluca [Tokyo, JAPAN] - Cassis orange doughnut





Food Rating: 3/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1/F Lumine 2 Shinjuku, 3−38−2 Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinjuku
Tel: +81 3-5909-3847
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think