Wednesday, December 6, 2023

The Salted Pig Metroplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It was my favorite cousin's birthday last month but unfortunately, I was all tied up with work so I promised to ring her up after my trip to Beijing; and I did. It took us another couple of weeks before we finally found a date that worked for both of us and here we were at Metroplaza in Kwai Fong. It's been a while since I last visited The Salted Pig there so I was kind of looking for it.



Daily salad – I needed something to neutralize all the meat (duck and lamb) I had in Beijing so this was perfect. Love the chorizo there to give the garden green a bit of spick kick.


Pan-fried halibut, miso butter, vegetables – I didn't expect this but the halibut was really nicely done.


The crispy skin and slightly charred flesh combined so well with the flavorful miso butter. I thought the grilled potatoes and asparagus were nice additions too. A pretty impressive main dish that had us pleasantly surprised.


We had so much to talk about and I was happy to be invited to her family's Christmas dinner in two weeks' time. Too bad, we would be in Tokyo at the time. 




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 531&540, 5/F, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2386-1055
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think