Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Pierre Hermé Paris Aoyama (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Okay, I knew I was going to be late for dinner but there was no way in the world that I would pass by the entrance of Pierre Hermé Paris Aoyama without going through those doors. Not in a million years.



During the festive season, French pastries were certainly in high demand so I didn't expect a lot to be left at this hour.



And I was right. Just this caramel cake and another chocolate one. That's it.



Talisman – I believe this was firstly launched back in 2022. Like most pastries from Pierre Hermé, the design was a little sophisticated.



This is a combination of soft almond and vanilla biscuit, caramel rice pudding, vanilla cream, caramel mousse, and caramelized puffed rice. I thought the rich caramel flavors were front and centre, and it was complemented nicely by the caramelized puffed rice and rice pudding. But there seemed to be something missing that would have tied everything together. Very likely, the rice pudding or what I thought was pear compote was supposed to be it but it didn't get the job done.  



Now I really need to get on my horse cuz mom should be calling me anytime.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 1/F & 2/F La Porte Aoyama, 5-51-8 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0001, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Aoyama
Tel: +81 3-5485-7766
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 7:30pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think