We are having a pre-festival feast at mom's new place ahead of Mid-Autumn Festival tonight. Since I was in Admiralty this afternoon, I thought I knew exactly what to get everyone for dessert tonight.
A few months ago, I bought desserts from Finesse Patisserie and they had drawn raving reviews from my team especially the white fromage tart which had a few of us all fighting over it. So, I am getting some sweet treats there this afternoon so mom can be involved in the fighting as well.
Tarte au fromage blanc (焗白芝士撻) ($72) — The simple-looking cheese tart has a thick, crunchy tart shell baked to perfectly crisp, golden finish.
What sets this cheese tart apart from the competition is the combination of two distinct layers inside. On the bottom is a light, airy, smooth cream cheese, topped nicely with an aromatic vanilla chantilly cream almost equally light. Those two layers, along with the lovely crunch from the shell, come together for a deeply satisfying dessert with different textures and levels of sweetness.
Pandan Coco (斑蘭 · 椰子) ($75) — My team members are all fans of pandan, so this is a no-brainer.
This dessert features coconut whipped ganache, shredded coconut, pineapple compote, and kaya confiture on top of a crispy pandan tart shell. The standout part for me is the kaya jam as it ties everything together beautifully.
It was our first officially gathering at Mom’s new place. Hearing how comfortable she felt here really put a smile on my face. After all, I was the one who’s been urging her to move closer to me so this plan has to work out, for better or worse.
Food Rating: 7.4/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop B2, G/F, 9-11, St Francis Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: https://finesse-patisserie.com/
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 7:00pm (Wed - Sat), 12:00pm - 6:00pm (Sun)
Post a Comment
Please tell us what you think