Saturday, September 19, 2026

Rivet Coffee (Shenzhen, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I’m spending a lazy Friday afternoon in Futian, around the perimeter of the rapid train station. After grabbing a quick bite at Sister Wah Beef Brisket (華姐清湯腩), I headed over to Ping An Financial Centre (PAFC) to check out a few places including Rivet Coffee, which I’ve never had the pleasure of visiting before.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

Perched on the 6th floor of PAFC, Rivet Coffee operates as part of Obsidian Bar, a premium lifestyle and luxury dining concept that focuses on modern gastronomy and high-end exclusivity.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

Rivet Coffee is a daytime coffee shop and café that also functions as a tea salon, with a small selection of French pastries.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

There’s also a bakery side to their business, although the variety was fairly limited to say the least

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

Opera cake (¥65) — I had a bit of spare time before my spa appointment, so I decided to sit down and enjoy a slice of cake.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

The opera cake wasn’t on my original list, but because of the small selection they had here, I ended up getting a slice of the French classic for my sweet treat.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

I heard that, to achieve perfection with an authentic opera cake, they have to make sure each of the distinct layers is precisely stacked with the proper dimensions and, of course, that the flavors of each layer had to be flawless.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

Up close, it looked a little rough. And once I took my first bite, I quickly realized the flavors just weren’t right. Some ingredients were obviously missing, and the proportions between the layers probably didn’t match the classic recipe. But it was a nice try.

Rivet Coffee [Shenzhen, CHINA]: High-end, relaxing afternoon tea salon at Ping An Financial Centre Futian close to subway and rapid train

That was all the time I had for my sweet craving. Time to head over to One Avenue for my spa appointment.




Food Rating: 5.8/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: Shop SL401-402, Level 4 PAFC, 5033 Yitian Road, Futian, Shenzhen, China
深圳市福田区福田街道福安社区益田路5033号平安金融中心SL401-402 号铺
Closest Metro Station: Shopping Park (購物公園)
Tel: +86 (755) 2266-3041
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 6:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think