Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Yoku Moku Blue Brick Lounge Aoyama (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

Mom hasn't been feeling well in the last few days so since we had about two hours to spare before dinner time, I decided to bring her back to our hotel for some rest. And for me, I decided to venture out to Aoyama, one of my favorite districts in Tokyo to get some stuff done.

Yoku Moku Blue Brick Lounge Aoyama [Tokyo, JAPAN] - popular pastry dessert cafe near Omotosando famous for Mont Blanc

After checking out a few boutiques without success, it was time to sit down for a relaxing afternoon tea at Yoku Moku's Aoyama flagship, Blue Brick Lounge.

Yoku Moku Blue Brick Lounge Aoyama [Tokyo, JAPAN] - popular pastry dessert cafe near Omotosando famous for Mont Blanc

Unfortunately, I was immediately hit with the bad news that all pastries including Yoku Moku's signature Mont Blanc were already sold out for the day. In fact, the only items available on their dessert menu were a couple of made-to-order desserts from the kitchen.



I was started off with a small cup of apricot infused tea that tasted like medicine.


It was soon followed by a cup of hot assam tea with milk in it. This proved to be a life saver for me as I've been walking in the freezing cold temperature for a while.



It didn't take long for my dessert to arrive so I could enjoy these all at once.

Yoku Moku Blue Brick Lounge Aoyama [Tokyo, JAPAN] - popular pastry dessert cafe near Omotosando famous for Mont Blanc

I forgot to jot down the name of this but it's basically a combination of fresh strawberries, vanilla ice-cream and variations of chocolate.


I was given a little jar of hot chocolate ganache to pour on top of the chocolate wafer. 

Yoku Moku Blue Brick Lounge Aoyama [Tokyo, JAPAN] - popular pastry dessert cafe near Omotosando famous for Mont Blanc

The melted chocolate immediately fell into the mix of strawberries and ice-cream. Good for Instagram posts but nothing special to write home about.


It was nice to check Blue Brick Lounge off my list and rested my feet at the same time. Now, I still have a few more spots to hit before going back to our hotel to pick mom up. I gotta hurry now~




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 5-3-3 Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Aoyama
Tel: +81 3-5485-3340
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm daily 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think