Saturday, August 20, 2016

Patisserie Lac (Nice, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

I promised myself I'd visit at least one top patisserie in every city on this trip. The fact that Deli Bo came out of nowhere messed up my morning schedule a bit but I'm not going to let that alter my original plan.



My Plan A was of course Patisserie Lac, considered by many as the best patisserie in all of Nice.



When Pascal and Valérie Lac opened their first shop at the beautiful seaside village of Beaulieu-sur-Mer back in 1995, they probably never envisioned themselves having so much success in the following decade. In 2006, they became a member of "Relais Desserts International", an association that recognizes some of the best pastry chefs in the business. Other achievements also included capturing the "meilleur des meilleurs" award ("Best of the best") four times in France. That's a pretty impressive accolade for any French patissier.



They have 3 stores in the city and this one on rue Barla happens to be a chocolaterie and pastry shop combined under the same roof.



What an amazing display of pastries they have got here, highlighted by fruity flavors on the left and chocolate ones on the right.



Lovely French tarts with seasonal fruits, I love that!



As a Niçois haute chocolatier, chef Pascal Lac's bread and butter is definitely the chocolate themed pastries.



I thought Guérande (€4.2) was by far the most delicious one for me with a rich chocolate mousse, nicely complemented by some apple compote, salted caramel ganache and an almond biscuit base.



See the apple compote oozing out from the middle. That was so good!








Food Rating: 7/10
Price: €€€
Address: 18 Rue Barla, 06000 Nice, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 9355-3774
Website: www.patisserie-lac.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think