Saturday, August 20, 2016

Déli Bo. (Nice, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

Déli Bo. wasn't even on my itinerary when the day began so it was just pure luck that somehow I spotted it on my way to Patisserie Lac.



Yeah, I was on my way to Patisserie Lac, another coveted French patisserie which many considered as the best in Nice. But hold on for a minute here (I was reading about these along the way.) because Déli Bo is slowly sneaking up on the rest of Nice's cake shops with the help of Sebastien Jacob's wonderful pastries. In fact, it is now proclaimed by some as the best patisserie in the city.



This feels a lot like Angelina Paris with a modern twist and I love the fact that they have a nice mix of conventional (mille feuille, lemon tart, ispahan etc.) and contemporary creations in their selection.



Balthaza, a triple chocolate mousse cake is supposed to be their house specialty here but I guess I will gladly pass it up in favor of this Paris-Nice.



Everyone decided to enjoy some al fresco dining with the perfect weather but I would rather stay indoor. 



Hey this quiet corner looks perfect for me!



I'm starting things off with an iced Valrhona chocolate. This is a little light for my liking or perhaps Angelina has set the bar a little too high for everybody.



Paris-Nice (€4.2) - Crispy choux with praline mousseline and creamy running praline. I thought this would be really crispy but no, it was a little chewy on the outside. But chewy in a good way. The praline mousseline was perfectly nutty and delicate. I'm definitely not regretting taking this over the triple chocolate mousse cake.



Mille Feuille (€4.2) - The pastry was real flaky and buttery like it's supposed to be. I like the crunchy pearls too, to give this a little different bite.



Déli Bo is open from 7:00AM to 7:00PM (Monday to Saturday; Sunday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM) for breakfast, lunch, snack and early dinner. Apart from their pastries, which came highly recommended by me, they also have a good selection of bread, sandwiches, salad and comfort food available. It's surely a place that should not be missed if you plan to spend time at this side of the city.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: 5 Rue Bonaparte, 06300 Nice, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 9356-3304
Website: www.facebook.com/Déli-Bo-196570080426527/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think