Thursday, August 18, 2016

GROM - Italian Natural Gelato (Serravalle Scrivia, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

After taking a year off our annual trip to Europe last year, we finally got the ball rolling again this week. Arriving early in Milan's Malpensa airport, we quickly drove down the A7 highway bringing us to our first stop, the Serravalle Designer Outlet in Serravalle Scrivia (in approximately an hour and a half).



This is not only a beautiful place for shopaholics like us. Even the kids seem to be enjoying themselves in the water fountains.



Just 2 minutes into my shopping spree, look what I found? GROM Gelateria!!! I was at the IFC last week trying to check out their first ever branch in Hong Kong for the second time but the lineup was just plain crazy there. Today, we would luckily have none of that. 



GROM is never known for its variety of flavors offered. It's the quality that has made them so successful not only in Europe but also in places like Asia and United States. Once again, just 6 flavors to choose from, including lime, peach, chocolate, milk cream, crema di GROM and hazelnut.



I went with my usual combination of one fruity (peach sorbet) and one nutty flavor (hazelnut gelato). Like what I've experienced in Hong Kong before, I thought they're very good with the nutty flavors such as pistachio and hazelnut and somehow less successful with the fruity ones, in this case the peach sorbet.



The best 3 Euros I've spent on this trip so far but hey, it's only 2 hours into my 2-week vacation. Looking forward to more tasty gelato in the coming weeks.....

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Serravalle Designer Outlet, Via della Moda, 1, 15069 Serravalle Scrivia, Italy
Website: www.grom.it/en


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think