Monday, December 25, 2023

I'm Donut? Harajuku (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

With little guy sick and sleeping in, we had a late start on our exploration of Harajuku this afternoon. After making a quick stop at Meiji Jingu (明治神宮), it was time to finally cut the trace and get down to business. As planned, Jelloman took little one and mom for a walk down Takeshita Street (竹下通). And for me, I have the formidable task of getting ourselves a few doughnuts from I’m Donuts? Harajuku.

Since opening its first store in Nakameguro back in March 2022, the popularity of I'm Donut? has never stopped growing. Despite during the pandemic when many of its competitors including Doughnut Plant decided to shut down their operations in Japan, I'm Donut? continued to attract long lineups in front of their stores in Nakameguro, Shibuya and Harajuku alike. After striking out at its Nakameguro branch a few days ago (the store was actually closed after they were completely sold out), I decided to try my luck here in Narajuku. 

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

To my pleasant surprise, the store was still open. That means they were not completely sold out yet!

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

Since there were only 20 people or so in the lineup, I was determined to join the end of the line right here.

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

While I was waiting in line, a staff handed me a copy of the order form to fill out. There were actually only a few items left on the menu.



But I was encouraged to see that many of their kitchen staff were still working hard bringing freshly baked doughnuts out of the oven. That's a very good sign!

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

Finally, mission accomplished! I got some matcha white chocolate donuts, and one of the pistachio and I'm donut? chocolate each.

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

Pistachio donut 
– I’m donut? calls their doughnut a “nama” because of its soft and wobbly texture, and that's the result of a unique recipe by adding some pumpkin to the dough. This was indeed very soft and slightly chewy with melt-in-the-mouth sensation. That special bite, along with the rich and silky pistachio custard combined for a very lovely mouthfeel. I'm super impressed~!

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

Matcha white chocolate donut 
– The same soft, wobbly and chewy texture but this time it came with a white chocolate glaze and matcha cream filling. Pretty nice but I like the pistachio one a little more.

I'm Donut? Harajuku [Tokyo, JAPAN] - where to get lineup for my I'm Donut? nama

Right before I queued up at I'm Donut?, we spent some time at 
Meiji Jingu and stopped by their food hall for some beverages and dessert. Little nugget wanted a soft serve which I initially turned down but the kid showed a lot of fight battling his illness during the trip so as a token of encouragement, I ended up giving him the green light. Look how much he enjoyed his soft serve (despite coughing)!



It was so nice to finally check I'm Donut? off my list this afternoon. And I know where I would stand a chance to get my I'm Donut? nama now. Right here at the I'm Donut? Harajuku outpost. Because this is the only branch with its own in-house kitchen, a luxury that the Nakameguro and Shibuya ones do not possess.




Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1/F, 1-14-24 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0001, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Harajuku / Meiji-jingumae
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think