Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Holy Chef (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I have been planning this second visit to see the Holy Chef the moment I stepped out of their door last time. Just didn't think it would take this long. Yes, it's a bit out of the way but like I said many many times, I do anything for a good dining experience.



Walking past all these auto shops and cha chaan tengs, finally we got there around lunch hour on a weekday but surprisingly the place was completely empty.



Looks like things haven't changed a bit since our last visit. The amuse bouche is still the same old spicy tomato soup. That got my appetite started quickly.



They don't have my favorite black beer milkshake anymore but have instead added two new flavors, melon and pineapple to the mix.



I thought a melon milkshake ($58) would be the perfect cure for the summer heat and that's how I got things started.



This is very thirst quenching although it tasted a little more like a smoothie than milkshake to me. Hidden inside the milkshake was a chilled honeydew melon on a stick. Nicely done.



Obviously they don't want to mess with their winning formula so the food menu looks largely the same with all-day breakfast, pizza and pasta being the key components here. We had this creamy crab meat spaghetti last time and looks like it hasn't missed a beat at all. Very good bite with lots of crab meat in it (And look at that portion! Wow!).



My first experience with their chicken fillet spaghetti was a good one too. Love how they tossed it in the spicy tomato sauce. Solid bite with just the right touch of spiciness. 



That was a very good lunch (though not cheap for Cheung Sha Wan standard). I hope there will be more restaurants of this caliber in Kowloon West.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F Cheung Fai Building, Po On Road 401-405, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Cheung Sha Wan
Tel: +852 3460-3304
Website: www.facebook.com/OMGHOLYCHEF


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think