Saturday, August 20, 2016

L'Atelier Jean-Luc Pelé (Cannes, FRANCE) ★★★☆☆

L'Atelier Jean-Luc Pelé, a famous artisan pastry and chocolate maker in Cannes, is my first stop in the city.



Situated along the busy shopping streets of Rue d'Antibes, this is the second establishment of Jean-Luc Pelé in Cannes behind their flagship store on Rue Meynadier.



I was lucky enough to arrive just before the shop closes at 7pm so without further delay, I decided to dive right in.



Unfortunately, since it's pretty close to their closing time, everything with the exception of macarons is basically sold out. Without finding anything interesting, I had to settle with this Paris-Cannes (€6). This is fairly decent with a rich and silky smooth praline cream but it's difficult to compare with what I've been getting from Fauchon Paris really.



My first hours in Cannes have been pretty memorable so far. I can still see traces of that charming little fishing village back in the old days here.....








Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: €€€€
Address: 42 Rue d'Antibes, 06400 Cannes, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 9339-8946
Website: www.jeanlucpele.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think