Thursday, August 4, 2016

Sense Dessert Cafe (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm always on the lookout for cozy little dessert cafes in the city. After visiting Choo Choo in Cheung Sha Wan the night before, I'm setting my sight on yet another small dessert cafe who also happens to reside in an area least known as a gastronomic destination.

Stepping out of Jordan MTR station, I quickly put my head down, and sprint my way through the crowded old streets of Jordan before finally spotting Sense Cafe across from the street.



Like most busy streets in Jordan, Temple Street is full of traditional cha chaan teng (茶餐廳) so it is fairly easy for a western style cafe like Sense to stand out.



Fettuccine with porcini mushroom and soft cheese ($118) - Despite being a dessert cafe, Sense is known to have one of the best pasta in Jordan and I'm here to verify those reports.



This is seriously good. The fettuccine was al dente with solid bite while the sauce with porcini mushrooms and soft cheese was nice and subtle. It's been a real pleasant surprise for me.



Avocado milkshake ($38) - They have 5-6 flavors of milkshakes including this avocado flavor which isn't available everyday. I was feeling a little adventurous tonight so I decided to check it out instead of just getting my favorite oreo milkshake.

I guess this marriage of milkshake and avocado was never meant to be. The flavors were way too mild and light for a milkshake. But I was glad I tried it. 



I had another appointment in 10 minutes so no time to sample one of their desserts. Next time, I'll make sure that I have reserved time for this.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 6-8, Wah Chi Building, 286-294 Temple Street, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 2886-0949


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think