Monday, August 1, 2016

Pan de Pain pancake & sweets (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

This is already my third visit to Pan de Pain pancake & sweets, the Japanese-style pancake specialty cafe at K11. That's a lot considering I'm not even a fan of pancakes (or hotcakes).



This is obviously a lady's haven as every time I came here, I'm the only male customer out there (Wait, there's another guy sitting next to me waiting for his girlfriend this time).



It was a pretty hot summer day so let's start things off with an iced green tea latte. That was good.



Mom gave me raving reviews about this soufflé hotcake ($68) last time we were here so I wanted to give it a shot myself. This was reasonably good. Very light and fluffy but I think I like their Crème Brulee hotcake ($78) better.



They have this new item on the menu called chocolate Dorayaji ($78) which is supposed to have chocolate lava oozing out from the middle. It was served with grilled banana on top and chocolate ganache on the side.

Too bad it didn't work out the way it was drawn out. The molten chocolate lava didn't ooze out as I cut through the hot cake like it was supposed to. 



My recommendation is to stick with their Crème Brulee hotcake coz it's still the best option they have to offer.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B111, B/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2576-1968
Website: www.facebook.com/pandepain



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think