Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pâtisserie Intuitions By Jérôme Oliveira (Cannes, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

Despite the lure of a complimentary breakfast at my hotel, I wasn't going to let my morning slip away without visiting Pâtisserie Intuitions, the highest ranked patisserie on my to-do list in Cannes.



Pâtisserie Intuitions By Jérôme Oliveira is the brainchild of pâtissier Jérôme de Oliveira, a World Pastry champion back in 2009 and the youngest to win it at the age of 23.  



Although some of the decorations looked a bit bizarre for a cake shop, I was very much amazed with some of their creations, particularly those which were a bit unorthodox (like their cheesecake, more on that later).  



There's a real good mix of traditional (ie. lemon meringue tart, raspberry tart) and contemporary (ie. strawberry mojito rum baba) flavors on display here. 




Wow, even the tartines, or open sandwiches looked incredibly fancy.



After finished picking a pair of pastries at the counter, I quickly settled myself down at the outdoor seating while they got my orders ready.



Here they come........!!!




Cheesecake (€5.20) - Cheesecake dressed like a piece of sandwich! That's cream cheese, blackcurrant and raspberry marmalade trapped in between a pair of crusty biscuit. What a well-prepared (and well-designed too) piece of pastry! 




Fraisier (€5.50) - Soft almond biscuit and vanilla cream with fresh strawberries on top. My server compared it to a magnum ice-cream bar but I thought much better of it.



Pâtisserie Intuitions By Jérôme Oliveira is located on the ground floor of the Five Seas Hotel in Cannes. Come and check them out if you happen to be looking for a sweet treat in the city.

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: €€€
Address: 22 Rue Bivouac Napoléon, 06400 Cannes, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 6336-0507
Website: www.patisserie-intuitions.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think