Monday, December 5, 2022

Stanton Brasserie, Bar & Pizzeria (Brisbane, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

This is the least-fun part of our Australian trip. Jelloman has been under the weather a bit in the last two days. She was thinking she had too much junk food at night but her flu got worse this morning. Although her RAT result was still showing one line, both of us feared that she might have finally lost the battle to COVID after three years.

But like I always said, whatever happens, happens...

Jelloman, donning a mask as usual, was trying her best to get around Queen Street. We were going to grab something real quick near our hotel and ended our search rather quickly at Stanton Brasserie, Bar & Pizzeria.



We sat at a quiet corner, not really in the mood of talking…..



Caramel milkshake – There are two things I am very impressed with the Australian dining scene here. Two things I have seen quite regularly in the restaurant and cafe menus, doughnuts and milkshakes. I don’t know why restaurants and cafes in Hong Kong always shy away from offering them in the menus (except burger joints), but they are two of my favorite things in life.

This caramel milkshake, however, was slightly disappointing. Not really thick enough and it could probably use a little more caramel flavor.



Braised duck leg – The duck leg was slow-braised in masala, and served with cauliflower purée, roasted baby carrots and honey grilled stone fruit. The duck meat was a little firm for my teeth and I thought the carrots and stone fruit really stole the show here. 


Chipotle chicken burger – This came with a crispy butter milk battered chicken breast, slaw, coriander and a smoky chipotle sauce. I guess Jelloman wasn't that sick after all when she had the appetite for something like this!


My better half is heading back to the hotel to rest after this meal but since it's our last day in the city (and Australia), I'm going to walk around the city by myself. Maybe, I'll get a few doughnuts under my belt before this trip officially ends tomorrow.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Queens Plaza, Shop UL14, 226 Queen Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Tel: +61 416 063-563
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think