Friday, December 2, 2022

Le Bon Choix Edward Street (Brisbane, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

While we weren't successful in finding any good French pâtisserie in the Sydney part of our trip, we started off our journey in Brisbane on the right foot. The Brisbane CBD wasn't that big so we were able to do a walking tour on our first afternoon in the city. 


In late afternoon when Jelloman peeled off on her own for her shopping spree, I rounded up heading towards Edward Street for some sweet treats.


Le Bon Choix has a total of 9 branches scattering around Brisbane and Gold Coast. Apart from French pastries, they also offer a small selection of bakery goods including some that you won't expect from a French pâtisserie.


Let's see what they've got in store for me.


Near the entrance area, they have a small display of macarons. Just 6 to 7 flavors. Little nugget would be happy to see those.


This is what I came all the way here for, their pastry corner. At 3pm, I found there wasn't much left for me to choose from.


Instead of sitting down for my sweet treat, I decided to bring them back to the hotel.


Tatafu – A tiramisu lover's dream with creamy mascarpone and spiced espresso soaked sponge.


This wasn't bad but I'd like something runny in the middle to bring in some contrasting textures and flavors.


Salted caramel doughnut – This is what I was talking about, when I said the pâtisserie carries a few items which don't necessarily belong there. But I was really happy that they have these around.


The choux pastry was really nicely done. I just need a little more of that salted caramel custard and I'll be a happy camper.



This branch of Le Bon Choix opens as early as 6:30am. Perfect place to grab an early breakfast.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 104 Edward Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Tel: +61 7-3210-6010
Opening Hours: 6:30am - 5:30pm (Mon - Fri), 6:30am - 5:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think