Friday, December 23, 2022

Le Café V (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

We have a very busy schedule on this trip (I can't really remember any recent trip with a relaxed schedule!) and I know first-hand that every minute counts. That's why when the gang chose to spend some time at Dōtonbori (道頓堀) tonight, I decided to pull away for a short but precious "Me Time". My destination was located on the top floor of Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji, just a short stroll from Dōtonbori.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi)

Le Café V is the luxury brand's collaboration with celebrated Chef Yosuke Suga (須賀 洋介), who joined the Joel Robuchon Group at the tender age of 25 as a personal assistant to "Chef of the Century" Joel Robuchon. Over his 16-year career with the group, he held numerous positions including the executive chef overseeing the grand opening of the Tokyo outpost of L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in 2003, and then again acting as the opening executive chef of L’Atelier in New York’s Four Seasons Hotel in 2006. He later served as the group's in-house consultant before returning to Tokyo to open his first solo venture, Sugalabo, which is now one of the most sought-after restaurants in the city.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi)

The secret entrance to Le Café V and Sugalabo V is situated on a side street behind this door that looks like part of the mirror wall at first glance.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Secret Entrance

A press of the "V" button took me all the way up to the prestigious Le Café V on the top floor.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Secret Entrance

When I arrived at the entrance of the café, I was immediately greeted by a display shelf showcasing Le Chocolat V, the world’s first Louis Vuitton chocolates.


The café features an oval-shaped "Cocoon Room", an elegant cocktail bar and outdoor terrace (which was closed due to cold weather).

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Amazingly elegant cocktail bar

I already had my sight set on the Cocoon Room, a quiet and intimate space inside the café.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Cocoon Room

It was a little dark to do any kind of reading under such dim lighting. Noticing my trouble to read the menu, my server very diligently brought over a reading light for me.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Cocoon Room

The menu was only in Japanese and French so I hope I knew what I was doing...

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Hot chocolate at Cocoon Room

Hot chocolate – The beautifully decorated hot chocolate came with more bitter than sweet flavors.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Hot chocolate at Cocoon Room

Classic opera cake – Made with layers of almond sponge cake, coffee syrup, buttercream and chocolate ganache, and finished off elegantly with a gold leaf on top.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Classic opera cake at Cocoon Room

I like the mix of bittersweet flavors. Too bad I had to rush through it cuz my family was likely finishing up their tour of Dōtonbori in a matter of minutes.

Le Café V, Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji (Shinsaibashi) - Classic opera cake at Cocoon Room

Fifteen minutes was all it took for me to experience Le Café V. I wish I had more time to check out its fine-dining sister, Sugalabo V hidden behind those walls but I am happy just to have this brief yet memorable time here on my first night.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 7/F Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji, 2-8-16 Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 542-0085 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi 
Tel: +81 (0)6 4256-1277
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 12:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think