Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Koé Donuts (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

After a quick afternoon tea at RAU, I took off from Good Nature Station to re-join the gang but there was one more stop I needed to make before I reach our meet-up spot.


Just a few steps from Nishiki Market (錦市場), Koé Donuts is a popular local doughnut shop best known for its light and fluffy donuts.


I like the modern twist added to its donuts and the fact that there are so light and not greasy, I feel like I can eat at least a couple of them before dinner time.


I've seen stuff like "mini-burgers" and "fish ball skewers" on IG which were actually special donuts produced by this kitchen. Very innovative, and it's nice to know that they use some of the best locally sourced ingredients available. 


Couldn't wait to get my hands on these miniature donuts!


The dine-in area boasts a minimalist design and one of the most eye-catching decoration comes from the ceiling covered by 572 traditional hexagonal baskets made from bamboos brought over from Arashiyama Kyoto (嵐山竹林).


Chestnut donut – Mom had this all by herself and she claimed it was very spongy and airy. I had to take her words for it.


Fluffy creme brulee donut – I could confirm now that the dough was indeed very fluffy and light. From its texture, it felt like one of those air-fried donuts which were definitely not as oily as their oil-fried counter-parts. 


I also love the way that they pack so much vanilla custard underneath that the dough. Won't mind having this again before we leave!







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 557 Nakanocho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, 604-8042, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kyoto-Kawaramachi
Tel: +81 (0)75 748-1162
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think