Wednesday, December 28, 2022

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

I decided to take a break in action following our visit to Kiyomizu-dera (清水寺). While the crew heads towards the touristy Nishiki Market (錦市場), I went opposite direction to the unchartered waters that was called Good Nature Station.

This adventure felt a lot like treasure hunting for me cuz Good Nature Station is not just a boutique hotel. It's also home to not one but two Michelin starred restaurants. 


But at this hour (5pm), I wasn't coming here for a Michelin starred meal. My visit was solely for the enjoyment of some of the most creative desserts in all of Kyoto, RAU Patisserie & Chocolate.


RAU is the brainchild of Pastry Chef Yusuke Matsushita (松下裕介) and chocolatier Sachi Takagi (高木幸世) who are both world class talents in their respective arena.


What a lineup of imaginative desserts. It's one of the most visually stunning dessert menus I've ever seen during my extensive travels around the world.


I was trying to read into the ingredients of these different desserts and understand the different combinations of flavors and textures. Wow, this is going to be a real treat for the senses!


Just when I thought I was all set to go, there was only one problem. My server brought me the bad news that all these artisan desserts were already sold out. 😔


Mini chocolate tart – While all the made-to-order desserts were done, there were a handful of pastries still available, one of them being their seasonal creations mini chocolate tart.


On top of the crispy monaka were chocolate soufflé, chocolate cream, praline sauce, and raspberry confit that came with a hint of yuzu.


A very nice collection of textures highlighted by the bean-to-bar chocolate flavors.



I need to come back some other time just for these amazingly looking pastries. Hopefully, that won't be too long for a wait...





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 3/F Good Nature Station, 1-318-6 Inaricho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8031, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kyoto-Kawaramachi
Tel: +81 (0)75 352-3724
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think