Thursday, December 29, 2022

27Café by Marion Crepes (Osaka, JAPAN) ★☆☆☆☆

Our second last day in Osaka started off slowly with little nugget going back to his office (Pokemon Center) for an early session. That leaves his old man plenty of spare time in the morning wandering around the streets of Shinsaibashi. In order to kill more time off the clock, I decided to swing by 27Café by Marion Crepes for nostalgia's sake.

When I said for nostalgia's sake, I didn't mean that I have been here before. What I was referring to was the brand "Marion Crepes", the Japanese crepe pioneer that started off as a humble food truck back in 1976 and taking the industry by storm. Most Hongkongers should be no stranger to their shop in Harajuku’s Takeshita Street, one of their first locations in Tokyo. For me, I've been a frequent visitor since the early 2000s, mostly to their Shinjuku location.


Marion Crepes are best known for their offering of more than 70+ variety of crepes, both savory and sweet.


Of course, I had to try one of my favorite flavors out. It's been at least four years since I last had one of these.


At last......!


Japanese crepes with tuna and cream – This was so disappointing. I was expecting the warm crepe to be soft and a little flaky at the edges but instead it was hard and chewy. Definitely not what I had in mind.



A lot of the eateries that I used to frequent in Osaka have disappeared on the streets of Osaka after the pandemic (Dalloyau, Luke's Lobster just to name a couple). I hope Marion Crepes won't be the next one to go.





Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1-6-1 Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 542-0085 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi
Tel: +81 (0)6 6244-0102
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think