Sunday, December 25, 2022

Shake Shack Shinsaibashi Daimaru (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

We didn't have much planned for Christmas day except for a few sightseeing spots in Namba. With all the free time in the morning, the gang decided that they wanted to squeeze in some soufflé pancakes before Namba but for me, I have my own mission to accomplish prior to lunch. 


I wanted to check out some milkshakes at Shake Shack last night but was way too tired after dinner. I guess it's better late than never.


Chocolate, vanilla, caramel.....we've got them all in Hong Kong. But black sesame shake!? 😘


Black sesame shake – It's a market exclusive and I knew I have to try it out when I saw the words "rich and thick" (濃厚) from the description. Ironically, that's the only two words I could read (the other were Japanese)!


This was really rich and thick as advertised. In fact, I thought it tasted a lot like our Chinese black sesame sweet soup (芝麻糊) but even thicker in texture (and a little sweeter).



I just knew I have to check this out at least one more time before leaving Osaka. It's really that good!





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: G/F Daimaru Shinsaibashi, 1-7-1 Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 542-0085 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi
Tel: +81 (0)6 6484-8474
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think