Monday, December 5, 2022

Nodo Donuts Elizabeth Street (Brisbane, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

After taking the ailing Jelloman back to the hotel, I went on an adventure on my own to explore the Brisbane CBD in greater lengths. As there were still a few names on my to-do list that needed to be checked off, I had to hurry a little to maximize my time. 


My first stop was Nodo Donuts, home of the famous gluten-free, baked-not-fried doughnuts.


They have a few locations in Brisbane but it was their city location behind the General Post Office that I decided to visit this afternoon. I knew I had to hurry cuz this location closes at 3pm sharp!


Only a couple of options left a few minutes before closing time.


This one with coconut shavings on top looks kind of interesting.


I was hoping to grab a seat and enjoy this Nodo vovo donut with a cup of coffee but unfortunately, my server brought me the bad news that he could not serve me with just a few minutes on the clock. My only option would be take-away!


"Baked today, Enjoy today"...... Yeah, that's always true when you're having a doughnut.


Nodo vovo – A raspberry coconut cake doughnut with pink marshmallow, raspberry jam and coconut shavings.


I like the texture of this. The bottom part tasted almost like a pillowy muffin.


I thought the acidity from the raspberry jam balanced out the sweetness of the shaved coconut nicely.


One thing I quickly learned from my brief stay in Brisbane is that, there are many early risers in the city and thus restaurants and cafes do open very early in the morning (6am-7am) but on the down side, they close very early (like 3pm). If I decide to retire here one day, I better adapt quickly cuz I am just not a morning person.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 300 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Tel: +61 7-3184-4200
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 3:00pm (Mon - Fri)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think