Friday, August 16, 2024

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

OK, this is supposed to be the first meal of our stay in Paris. I have this all figured out when I was planning the trip several months ago. And I have also secured a table for us via The Fork.

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

As always, we started off our stay in Paris with a delightful breakfast at Ladurée. Only this time, we have switched to a different location due to the location of our hotel. Instead of Ladurée Champs-Élysées (which we always do), it’s going to be at Ladurée Paris Royale just across the street from the iconic Le Village Royal.

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

We were approximately 45 minutes late thanks to the extra time we took for freshening up and then enjoying a Krispy Kreme doughnut on our way to breakfast.

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

Chocolat chaud Ladurée (11)  This is the only way to start my first morning in Paris! A cup of rich and decadent hot chocolate the Parisien way.

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

Ladurée‘s signature hot chocolate with vanilla whipped cream is one of my favorite chocolate beverages in France. It’s not as bitter and strong as the one from Angelina but yet it’s thick and rich enough for my spoiled palate. I am a happy camper now!

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

Avocado toast saumon (26)  I did have a bowl of congee for breakfast on the plane but that didn’t stop me from getting myself an avocado toast with slices of Label rouge smoked salmon on top.

Presentation-wise, I didn’t really expect much so this came as a pleasant surprise.

On top of Ladurée‘s pillowy brioche was a layer of creamy avocado topped nicely by thin slices of smoked salmon, turnip and a soft boiled egg. A sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts provided the dish with a mix of lovely crunch. And it’s as beautiful as a Ladurée pastry!

Ladurée Paris Royale (Paris, FRANCE) - Parisien breakfast salmon avocado toast hot chocolate near central Paris my first meal on trip

It’s been five years since we last visited Paris so not surprisingly, the parade of desserts have changed a bit at Ladurée over the years. Apart from pastries, they also have a collection of Eugénie which are really shortbread and melting ganache under a chocolate coating of different flavors.


They also have ice cream sandwiches available but we will leave it for another day.


Time to explore one of my favorite cities in the world now (but little one wanted to go to the toy store). 




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: 16 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris, France
Tel: +33 (0)1 4260-2179
Closest Metro Station: Madeleine / Concorde
Opening Hours: 8:30am - 7:30pm (Mon - Fri), 9:00am - 7:30pm (Sat), 9:30am - 7:00pm (Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think