Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Oddies Foodies (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

When I first saw the pictures of Oddies' Chinese sausage eggettes (臘腸雞蛋仔) on SuperTasterMel's Instagram a couple of weeks ago, my first reaction was "WOW". I better find time to venture over.



Just when I was about to place the order for my first (and quite possibly last) Chinese sausage eggettes, I suddenly remembered that I've never been a risk taker my whole life. So let's stick with the sweet eggettes, shall we?

Loner 台灣鳳梨酥雞蛋仔 ($55) - Taiwanese pineapple pastry eggettes served with Italian low-fat milk gelato, fresh lychee, caramelized brioche, croutons, homemade sweet corn ice-cream and foam, topped with toasted coconut tuiles. That's a lot of stuff in there and most of them were very very refreshing.

I am not sure how this is supposed to be eaten but the spoon certainly didn't work with the eggettes as it's virtually impossible to scoop them. So at the end, I had to take a bite at the eggettes first and then accompany each bite with a spoonful of gelato.



In case you can't finish these eggettes all by yourself, don't panic. Oddies now have a new item on their menu called "Momo" featuring Italian low-fat soft gelato served with cinnamon crumble, homemade white peach sorbet, mixed spice jelly, champagne espuma, and topped with edible flowers and microherbs WITHOUT the eggettes. 

Check them out on Wai Chai Road. You know where to find them - just follow the smell of waffles!

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 149 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 9551-7972


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think