Monday, September 28, 2015

Queens Park (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I just realized what a huge mistake I've made a week ago! As it was starting to rain, I stood in front of a restaurant in the heart of the Seorae village, which I thought I had reservation for but as it turned out, it was for 30 September not 28 September. Now that I have found the place completely dark (It's closed due to mid autumn festival.), I needed to first get my umbrella and then decided where to spend my dinner.

Should I go back to Famille Station (voice inside me said no.)? That was when I walked right into Queens Park.

It's a little difficult to describe Queens Park. Despite the restaurant's name and a slogan that says "Eating London to go", there was really nothing British out this place. At least not when I was visiting that night. The way I looked at it, it's a little modern European restaurant serving fusion dishes with a Korean twist.



The dining room certainly had a bit of modern European to it.



There were all these seasonal dishes on the menu including a live lobster pasta as well as a blue crab rose pasta but I wasn't interested in any "noodles" tonight. Instead, I went for their seafood risotto with a creamy tomato sauce.

This dish was certainly full of fresh seafood ranging from mussels, prawns, squid rings, clams and even a piece of crab. But too bad the tomato sauce had way too much acidity in there. Did they forget to put in a little bit of sugar!? 



Looking at all these lovely pastries including fig tart and carrot cheese cakes in the display, I couldn't help but wonder if this was more of a dessert café than a proper restaurant.



The food wasn't totally bad. It was just not what I was looking (or hoping) for.

Food Rating: 4.5/10 
Price: ₩₩
Address: 797-13 Bangbaebon-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station:
Sinbanpo
Tel: +82 2534-4054


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think