Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fishsteria Seafood Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a busy afternoon for me circling around Wanchai. Following lunch at Haven and afternoon snacks at Oddies Foodies, I am here to check out the newly opened Fishsteria Seafood Place.

Replacing Opera House on Queen's Road East in the heart of Wanchai, Fishsteria is a seafood themed restaurant brought to us by Executive Chef Gianni Caprioli who's also behind Giando and EAT.it Italy Eatery. The brand new two-storey restaurant features a bar on the ground floor and a spacious fine dining room on the first floor.



When I arrived at Fishsteria, it was just slightly past 6pm and I was told the fine dining restaurant won't be open until 30 past six. I guess I better find a place to chill while they have the dining room ready.



The ground-floor bar was the perfect place to burn 30 minutes off the clock.



They started me off with some spicy popcorn.



There's still another half an hour to kill. Perhaps I better grab myself a beer and some snack(s) to get me occupied. This deep fried calamari with zucchini and potatoes ($68) was exactly what the doctor ordered. Yummy.



That 30 minutes felt like eternity so I was glad that it's over and I could finally hit the stairs to the dining room. It was nice to see that they've tweaked the place slightly to match the casual dining theme and they did a great job doing just that.




Normally I don't take pictures of my bread but this one was different. This one was really good. A little hard on the side but soft like a pillow inside. Very nice.



After the generous portion of fried calamari downstairs, I decided to skip the appetizer portion of my meal all together and went straight for my main course which was the chef recommended black squid ink spaghetti with fresh porcini mushrooms and red prawns. Look, there's more porcini mushroom in there than squid ink spaghetti!

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with this dish, particularly with the red prawns. They didn't taste like the Sicilian red prawns that I was accustomed to, with those rich and unique flavors.



In case you're interested, here's the food menu (at least part of it).




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F & 1/F, 109-111 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2343-8111


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think