Friday, September 18, 2015

Passion by Gérard Dubois Central (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I told myself to cut down on the consumption of moon cakes this year and so far, I have done a pretty nice job. As of today, only 6 moon cakes under my belt which is a fairly impressive record for me, comparing to my all-time record of 10 boxes (40 moon cakes) back when I was still in Vancouver. I should have done my dietitian proud.  



Oh but wait, chocolate moon cakes.....I guess another one won't make too much difference, right?

 

I can't recall whether this is my first time visiting Passion by Gérard Dubois in Central. I think it is.....



This chocolate moon cake comes with 3 kinds of nuts (peanuts, hazelnuts and almond) on top. Very nutty on the outside which is good. The "egg yolk" is infused passion fruit and it was a little too strong. Think I will prefer the traditional type of moon cake over this one.



Didn't I have this baby a long time ago - La Boule cerise with morello cherry and white chocolate mousse? The morello cherry seemed to be a tad too rich for the white chocolate mousse.



The earl grey and pear provided the only bright spot here.




One of the few times that Passion failed to deliver.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1, G/F, Lyndhurst Tower, 1-7 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2812-6822
Website: www.passionbygd.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think