Monday, September 14, 2015

Café Golden (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Shek Kip Mei is where I used to grow up and go to school when I was little so every time I came back to visit, it had such a special feeling for me. The neighborhood hasn't changed much since I left except for a few tall buildings and this place called Jockey Creative Arts Centre.

After checking out the arts centre, I dropped by the ground-floor Café Golden (琉金穗月) which had food bloggers singing their praises for years.



The little café is primarily a coffee shop but also doubles as an Italian eatery (think pasta) and bakery (over the weekend only) from time to time. I thought the decoration was somewhat quirky with an enormous countryside painting in the middle of the café and then some washed-up display items like pots and stuff in the corner.



But on the other side of the place, there's this Turkish style lanterns hanging from the wall. Interesting combo.



I had dinner plans already so decided to just enjoy a hot milk chocolate here.



I often refer to this place as the PMQ of Kowloon side but they've got to do a better job on the promotion and event management.



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$
Address: Room 05, 1/F, Jockey Creative Arts Centre, 30 Pak Tin Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Shek Kip Mei
Tel: +852 2408-8255


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think