Sunday, September 6, 2015

Law Mark Kee 羅麥記 at Hysan Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My first experience with Law Mark Kee (羅麥記) actually dated back a number of years when they first opened their Kornhill Plaza branch. I've always liked their throwback theme and how they pay homage to Hong Kong's good old days with all these signature "char chan teng" (Hong Kong style tea restaurant 茶餐廳) dishes.



My personal favorite are their iced milk tea with red bean ice (紅豆粒粒冰奶茶) and roasted pigeon. They are both so good!

So when exactly will Hong Kong's "silk stocking" milk tea (絲襪奶茶) be recognized as a UNESCO recognized intangible heritage? If this is really happening, they should consider doing it with this version that comes with the red bean ice cubes.

Just love that vintage twist!



After my afternoon tea, I headed over to Time Squares which I haven't been to for quite some time. Look what I found - Tom Aikens' "The Fat Pig" replacing SML on the 11/F of the Food Forum (食通天) this November. I am really excited about this. Better mark it down on my calendar.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1402, 14/F, Hysan Place, 500 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2601-2382


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think