Monday, September 28, 2015

The Place Dining @N Seoul Tower (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

It's been almost 10 years since I last rode on the Namsan cable car so I had a little added jump on my way there today. But that was before I saw the huge lineup and 70-minute waiting time sign right next to it. We were all freaking out after that.

Second thought, I guess I should take it easy on this trip. After all, this is largely a family trip without any food exploration on the agenda. Spending quality time with family at touristy places like this sounded just fine for me.



Love locks at the N Seoul Tower!



We're having lunch at The Place Dining on the first floor of the N Seoul Tower Plaza.



It's an Italian restaurant serving very simple and casual Italian fare. 



And yes, it has a pretty nice view of Seoul and the Namsan area from high above.




The appetizer platter features a small garden green, fresh tomatoes, a piece of focaccia and a cup of pumpkin soup. This was better than I thought.



Seafood linguine tossed in a creamy tomato sauce (21,000) - another pleasant surprise. The linguine was nicely cooked and I love the Japanese style tomato sauce which was a little sweet and very flavorful.



Spaghetti carbonara with home cured pancetta and parmesan cheese (21,000) - Slightly disappointing comparing to the seafood linguine. The sauce was a little off the mark and the home cured pancetta also didn't have very good bite.



Diavola with tomato, mozzarella, salami and chili pepper (21,000) - Back on the right track. Very crispy and tasty. I would love a little more cheese on top but that's just me!




I wasn't expecting much from a restaurant at such prime tourist attraction but surprisingly, it managed to meet our expectation.

Food Rating: 4.5/10 
Price: ₩₩
Address: 2/F, N Seoul Tower Plaza, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station:
N/A
Tel: +82 02-3455-9220/9221
Website: www.nseoultower.co.kr/eng/visit/restaurant3.asp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think