Thursday, September 10, 2015

Assaggio Trattoria Italiana @Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

One of my favorite cousins was visiting from Vancouver this week and I decided to play host to her for a quick dinner tonight. Neither of us was up for something heavy so we ended up going for the simple Italian fare at Assaggio Trattoria Italiana in Tsim Sha Tsui. 




It's been a while since I last visited this branch of Assaggio. From what I heard from my friends recently, the reviews were mixed so I was eager to find out more myself.

Cousin wanted pizza and she immediately called for the Margherita ($138) with buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves and tomato sauce which I had a few months ago with my colleagues at work. Very crispy crust with all my favorite toppings. Nicely done.



I wanted to sample some of their pasta and decided to go with their maccheroni with black truffle, parmesan cream sauce and walnuts ($158) and what a pleasant surprise that was. The maccheroni had a very lovely al dente texture and I love those crushed walnuts in there for the interesting bite. And yes black truffle. Never go wrong with truffle and any kind of pasta.



All in all, I had a great time catching up with my cousin and we both agreed that the food here was reasonably good. So like the Wanchai branch, I think we're back in good terms. 

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F Mira Mall, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2315-5399
Website: www.miradining.com/assaggio-mira-mall


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think